Hi there! Welcome to our triple Tumblr awards!
So we worked together to make these wonderful awards, and we all hope you’ll be part of them and enjoy it c:
- Must be following Sophie, Paulien and Alice (It’s for our followers, after all)
- Reblog to enter, likes don’t count (But you can like to bookmark)
- Reblog as many times as you like
- Must reach 30 notes
- Ends Sunday 4th May, we choose on Monday 5th
- 1 Winner & 1 Runner up per category (Unless we can’t decide)
- Best URL
- Best Theme
- Best Edits/Graphics/Gif maker
- Best Sherlock
- Best Doctor Who
- Best Supernatural
- Best Multifandom Blog
- Best Overall
- Sophie’s Favourite
- Paulien’s Favourite
- Alice’s Favourite
- A follow from at least 1 of us (Most likely all 3)
- Spot on our updates tab/winners pages
- Promo from any of us whenever you like throughout May
- Our love and friendship!
- A follow from at least 1 of us
- Spot on our runners up pages
- Promo from any of us 4 times throughout May
- Our love and friendship!
Hope that covers everything! Now get reblogging, cuties c:
Heartbreaking Simpsons Moments 1/∞: Bart Gets an F
I never understood why it’s an F if he gets more than half out of 100? Unless it’s more than 100. If you get more than half the answers right how is it an F?
You must not be from America. Here, grading is fucked up.
Average American Grading Scale:
A - 94-96
A- - 90-93
F- 59 and under
oh wow that is fucked up
why do they skip E in america
There’s an E in other grading scales?
And in some places in America it goes by a 7 point scale, so it’d be
A - 100-93
B - 92-85
C - 84-78
D - 77-70
F - 69 and below
Now you understand why American kid’s feel like there’s no point to school. If you have a 100 question text, and get 79 of them correct, that’s a C. That mean’s your Average Intelligence on this particular subject. And it get’s even worse when you have only like… a 10 question quiz. If you get two wrong? that’s a B. 80 fucking %. Now tell me again why American school’s are easier?
No wait but whats the grading system in other countries?
UK Grading Scale
Below 40: F
ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?! THATS INSANE!!!!
next time you try to tell americans that we’re stupid
i’m gonna remind you
that our “average” is your “A”
That is a fucked up system but I’m not sure we can really compare grading systems because the assessment systems are different as well
Ok, this post make me angry. This post suggests that my education system (I am British) is much easier than the one in America. Which is not true. For a start, this supposed grading system for the UK-
- 100-70: A
- 69-60: B
- 59-50: C
- 49-40: D
- Below 40: F
Is wrong. Reasons why it is wrong-
- Every single unique exam paper is graded depending on its difficulty, so saying that these are the boundaries for each grade is just wrong because it’s impossible to say.
- This grading system doesn’t have the grade of ‘A*’ on it, which it would if it were legitimate
- It is also missing out the grade of ‘E’
- It’s also saying that anything ‘Below 40’ is an F, however this is wrong too, as we have grades ‘G’ and ‘U’
Next, these are the supposed grade boundaries for an exam paper. However, many of our subjects aren’t just about the grades you get in papers. Many, if not most, of our subjects involve doing coursework and controlled assessments, which are worth more of your whole overall grade. (Note: I don’t know if you do controlled assessments/coursework in America) For example, in French, there are 4 controlled assessment tasks that equal 60% of your final grade, one task being 15%, two speaking tasks and two writing tasks where you must either recount or rewrite a French essay learnt off by heart. Controlled assessment grade boundaries for one French controlled assessment-
- A*: 28/30 (Approximately 93%)
- A: 26/30 (Approximately 87%)
- B: 24/30 (80%)
- C: 22/30 (Approximately 73%)
Next, in the UK we receive a completely different certificate for our studies. In England, for example, we get GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and in America, you don’t really have an equivalent. (Source) This source also showed me that Americans can retake some of their exams, or repeat years if you fail, whereas, we can’t.
Furthermore, if our exams are so easy, then why isn’t everyone getting straight A’s and A*’s? In fact, the amount of A*-C grades achieved last year decreased, and this was due to the papers being made harder by the exam boards (Of which we have several) Facts-
- 'The proportion of students achieving them has fallen from 70% in 2012 to 68.7% in 2013.'
- 'There's also been a decline in the very highest grades - 21.3% of students received A*/A grades this year, compared to 22.4% in 2012.'
To summarise, it’s not easier to get grades here, and I should know, as a UK student studying GCSEs. (P.S- We don’t all try to call Americans stupid, I like Americans, you guys are cool.)
^^ Thank you very much, Sophie - might I add that in Britain, we take our exams at age 16, whereas in American you leave high school at 18, and we on the other hand move on to even more difficult qualifications (A-levels, or BTECs etc) to do at 17 and 18.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
if you don’t know who banksy is you need to reevaluate your life because
I live in Bristol, England, so I see his work everyday, and I have to say, I’m pretty damn proud to be from the same place as that guy
WHO IS THAT GIRL?!!
I think it’s Thor’s daughter in the future….. Maybe?
Its supposed to be Sigyn, the Goddess of Fidelity who, in norse mythology, is a beautiful blond woman who is Loki’s faithful wife. In the marvel universe, because she is in the comics a bit, She was meant to marry another warrior named Theoric, but Loki wanted her very much so he killed Theoric in the forest, disguised himself as the warrior and married Sigyn. When the truth came out, Odin wanted to punish Loki and Annul the marriage, but Sigyn remained loyal and so they were allowed to be together and she earned her title as Goddess of Fidelity.
She is always loyal to him, even when he pushes her away. The only myth that really includes her is when Loki is being punished by being tied down under a snake that drops poison from its fangs onto Loki, but Sigyn sits beside him and catches the poison in a bowl to save her husband who she loves.
Im 99.8% sure thats who the girl in this comic is supposed to be.
who picked this stock photo.
There you go, all the anons who tell people to go and kill themselves. It’s pretty easy to find out your identity.
Reblog. Reblog. Spread this.
To the lovely people who follow me and get anon hate, here is the answer to your troubles! It’s really easy to find how who’s sending you anon hate and block them.
"Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners"
Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict are interviewing Deadpool
Your argument is invalid.
Gabriel and God are interviewing Deadpool
Your argument is invalid.
Gabriel and God are interviewing a Deadpool while dressed in Hello Kitty and My Neighbor Totoro hats/suits. Your argument can go fuck itself.
More ejaculations of wonder.
Easily the most horrifying line of dialogue I’ve ever heard in an animated movie.
NO BUT THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD GODDAMN MOVIE LIKE THE MUSIC IS FUN AND SUPERB THE CHARACTERS WERE REAL PEOPLE EVEN THE ANTAGONISTS THE WOMEN WERE GREAT IT WAS ALL GREAT. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE JEWISH, CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, ATHEIST, WHATEVER ELSE IT DOESNT MATTER ITS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE AND ITS LITERALLY ONLY 90 MINUTES OF YOUR DAY AND EXPERIENCE THIS HERE JUST CLICK IT LITERALLY IT WILL OPEN IN A NEW TAB GO WATCH.
also can we point out that none of the characters were white? like damn accurate depictions of Biblical characters
omg i could just hear loads of music and like loads of horns and weird motorbike type noises outside my house so i looked out the window and theRE WAS 3 MEN DRESSED LIKE OLD WOMEN ON SEGWAYS THEY’D MADE TO LOOK LIKE GRANNY TROLLIES JUST CHILLIN ON THE PATH
so i was like wtf and shouted like what the fuck are you doing out my window to them and one of the guys just looked at me and said “we’re Gran Turismo, duh” AND JUST DROVE AWAY
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME
#reblog for the tag